Poets' Favorite Movies
I guess my only criterion has been listing the
movies I'm happy to watch again and again.
1. Wings of Desire — by Wim Wenders
2. In the Time of the Gypsies — by Emir
3. Casablanca — by Michael Curtiz
4. Citizen Kane — by Orson Welles
5. The Wizard of Oz — by Victor Fleming
6. Red (part of the Red, White & Blue
trilogy) — by Krzyztof Kieslowski
7. To Kill a Mockingbird — by Robert
8. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure — by
9. Crash — by Paul Haggis
10. Moulin Rouge — by Baz Luhrmann
Cecilia Woloch is the author of Sacrifice, Tsigan: The
Gypsy Poem and Late. Her chapbook manuscript, Narcissus,
was recently chosen winner of the Tupelo Press Snowbound
Competition, and will be published in 2007. The founding director of
Summer Poetry in Idyllwild and also of the Paris Poetry Workshop, Ms.
Woloch is currently a lecturer in the creative writing program at the
University of Southern California as well as a member of the core
faculty of the low-residency MFA Program in Professional Writing at
Western Connecticut State University. She lives in Los Angeles and
spends part of each year traveling and teaching in Europe.